We're Here to Help
All times listed are in Eastern Time Zone.
Review the FAQs below. Topics include live access, recordings, invoices, and much more.
If you still need support: SCROLL DOWN FOR LIVE CHAT or email email@example.com.
Technical Requirements and FAQs
Do NOT use Internet Explorer! Use any other browser.
How do I access the conference sessions?
- Check your inbox for a confirmation email sent by firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Once you login, access any of the sessions by clicking on the Agenda tab in the top menu bar.
- Pick a date, then click on any session time slot or title and click the “View Session” button.
- Click on the Contents tab, then click on the live webcast link to join the live session.
- You will be able to access sessions 5-15 minutes in advance of the start time.
Will I be able to view the recorded archive of these virtual conference sessions?
The virtual sessions are being recorded and all registrants of The 2021 Spring Conference for Animal Welfare Advancement will have access through August 31, 2021. All session recordings will be posted within a few days after the live conference (we'll email you when they are up). The login process will be similar to how you login for the live programs, but you will be able to view at your convenience, 24/7.
We will not be offering post-conference recording packages, so make sure your colleagues register for the conference if they want to enjoy the content!
I am having trouble with streaming audio; I can’t hear the speaker through my computer speakers; the streaming stopped… what do I do?
If your screen is greyed out:
Try clicking on the screen anywhere with your mouse and see if you can then get the grey screen off and then click on “contents” to gain access to the live session.
If you cannot access the session but it's not greyed out, try these steps:
- If you are using a VPN or Remote Desktop program, drop those and connect to the internet without them.
- If you are not able to hear any audio through your computer speakers, first check to make sure your speakers are not muted or turned off.
- The next step is to refresh your screen by pressing the F5 key on your keyboard or clicking the “refresh” button in your web browser.
- Switch browser type (NOT Internet Explorer!)
- Be sure you are not using a shared Wifi internet connection - if shared, be sure to limit others from streaming and downloading large files to allow you enough bandwidth to watch the live stream.
- Log out of the site completely with no conference browser tabs open. Then clear your browser history, specifically the cookies and cache. Once that is done, log back into the conference site and try again. Here’s how to clear cookies and cache in most browsers. This is different than restarting your computer or closing and re-opening your browser.
- If you continue to have technical issues, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Live Chat found at the bottom of this page.
The slides are not loading; I can’t see the slides; I have other technical issues.
Please ensure your organization meets hardware, software, and bandwidth requirements well in advance:
Step 1: Test your system!
For General Sessions and Panels: Use this browser test:
For Unmuted Sessions and Happy Hours: try this Zoom browser test: https://zoom.us/test
Tests didn't work? For Tech Support, use the chat below for LIVE help 10am - 5:30 pm ET Tuesday - Thursday or email email@example.com after-hours.
Step 2: Review these Technical Requirements
Be sure your system and networks are up to date.
Minimum System Requirements: 2.0Ghz Processor or faster 2 GB RAM (Greater than 2 GB recommended). Browser must support HTML-5. To detect your browser version, run https://whichbrowser.net/
DO NOT USE Internet Explorer! Use Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- Windows 7 or later
- Mac OS X 10.9 or later
- Chrome 60 or greater
- Firefox 52 or greater
- Edge 14 or greater
- Safari 10 or greater iOS 10 or greater
- Internet Explorer 11
- IP Addresses and Ports to Allow for HTML5: 184.108.40.206 port 80, 443 (web and audio) 220.127.116.11 port 80, 443 (web and audio) 18.104.22.168 ports 80, 443 (web and audio) 22.214.171.124 ports 80, 443 (web and audio) 126.96.36.199 ports 80, 443 (web and audio)
Other Recommendations: It is recommended that you use a PC or Mac with an updated Internet browser. Make sure you have pop-up blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings. Make sure that your Internet browser is Active X enabled. Wifi is not recommended. The problem with Wifi is signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease. We recommend a wired connection (phone wire). A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience. Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers or the room where the conference is being broadcast is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
How do I access Closed Captioning (CC)?
General & Concurrent Sessions will take place on a streaming site. There will be tabs on the right side of the screen to access chat, photo uploads, emojis, and a CC function. The CC tab will open up its own area where you can read along. Post-conference, we will add a transcript to each of the sessions’ pages (on the conference site) under Resources & Links.
Unmuted Sessions & Happy Hours will take place in Zoom. On the bottom of the screen there will be a CC button which will give you options such as turning it on and off.
How do I print Invoices?
- Log into https://theaawa.org/
- Click Manage Profile under My Profile
- Click Invoices under Invoicing, Payments & History
- There is a Stores & Events tab & a Dues tab. Make sure the Stores & Events tab is selected. (The Dues tab is where you’ll find membership renewals.)
- Make sure the Filter By status dropdown says Any Status
- Here you will see all of your purchase history. The icon to the left of that date will allow you to View/Print your Invoice.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|